The Organizing Committee of the 26th international scientific conference of Jonas Jablonskis “Linguistic Diversity in the Modern World: Language Power and Prestige” kindly invites to submit abstracts for oral or/and poster presentations. The conference will be held on October 3–4, 2019 at the Institute of the Lithuanian Language, P. Vileišio St 5, LT-10308 Vilnius, Lithuania.
We welcome abstracts for oral presentations or posters on topics related to:
- Linguistic diversity in language(s) and dialect(s) or language communities
- Adaptation and standardization of language(s)
- Relationship between standard and non-standard or regional varieties of the language(s)
- Actualities and challenges in language policies, ideologies, and practices
- Dynamics of language(s) power and prestige
- Modern linguistic tools and services, and digital linguistic resources
- Other aspects
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS JUNE 10, 2019. Registration form (in Lithuanian or English) together with your Abstract (in English) for oral and/or poster presentations should be submitted via e-mail email@example.com.
Please find the registration form here REGISTRATION FORM.
An acceptance letter will be sent via e-mail by July 10, 2019.
A detailed preliminary programme will be announced on September 10, 2019.
ORAL PRESENTATION: 20 min. (Oral online (SKYPE) presentations are also very welcome).
POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Researchers are responsible for their poster display. Poster board dimensions will be provided upon confirmation of Organizing Committee approval.
CONFERENCE LANGUAGES: English, Lithuanian.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ABSTRACT. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ABSTRACT. Abstract is recommended to be prepared as per attached example: TITLE, Author(s), Affiliation(s), Text of your abstract (Introduction/Previous researches, Aim, Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions, etc.). Abstract should be single-spaced, written in Times New Roman Font (or other Font may be used if necessary), size 12 and not exceed 500 words in length + 300 words for references.
The abstracts will be provided in the book of abstracts (printed and online version). Please proofread your abstract carefully before submitting it.
PUBLICATIONS. You are very welcome to submit your articles in Lithuanian or English to the following scientific journals:
- “STANDARD LANGUAGE” ISSN 2351-7204 (http://www.bendrinekalba.lt/?English) via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- “ACTA LINGUISTICA LITHUANICA” ISSN 1648-4444 (http://lki.lt/leidiniai/periodiniai-leidiniai/acta-linguistica-lithuanica/) via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “LIETUVIŲ KALBA” ISSN 1822-525X (http://www.lietuviukalba.lt/index.php/lietuviu-kalba).
We look forward to seeing you at the 26th international conference of Jonas Jablonskis!